Friday, January 2, 2009

I Have a Number...

Wow. All I can say is, "I DID IT!"

I am officially an


ARCHITECT!!!!!


I really did it! I just can't believe it. I couldn't have done it without my husband, the ARE Forum, and my fellow ARE inmates (Ellen, Heather, Karim, Gayle, icarus, mr. b, and all the rest). THANK YOU!

This was, by far the hardest thing I have ever done. Even harder than architecture school. All I can say is that if I can do this, so you can. Just work your ass off! Really, don't plan on having any sort of life while you're doing this. It will consume you like a foot fungus. My advice: do them as close to each other as you can - just get it over with, 'cause it's going to take over your life. Do it that way for your families. If you want to be a masochist and drag it out, go ahead, but don't torture them any longer than necessary.

So now I am the newest Registered Architect in the State of New York. I have the number to prove it. I even ordered my stamp already. All I need is a client! Anyone game?

2 comments:

Shamila said...

Dear Justdrawinglines, your story is so inspirational. It is funny that i had logged in to order a ppi book today and saw this. you have certainly raised my spirits, may you have success in your career.

Justdrawinglines said...

Thanks, Deeda. We all need the wishes of success right now. This economy better turn around soon or I may have to go back to bartending! If you are thinking of purchasing the PPI series of books, check out architect54's blog. Good luck in your journey!